PE and Sports Premium
The PE and Sports Premium is in addition to the school’s budget.¬†Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
The Government’s vision is that all pupils leaving primary school are¬†physically literate and have¬†the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
At Marton Primary Academy and Nursery, we recognise the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of children. Through PE and sport, children develop many of our core values such as sportsmanship, respect, trying our best and honesty.
Our overall aim is to raise standards and participation in P.E. and school sport increasing the opportunities offered to our children. We aim to provide higher quality lessons, opportunities to experience a wider range of activities, increased opportunities for physical exercise and improved learning for all.
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport through:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity ‚Äď kick-starting healthy active lifestyles.
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- A broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered¬†to all pupils.
- Increased participation in competitive sport.