Our school has a strong, effective Governing Body. Governors work in partnership with our Principal, Mrs Coupe, to make decisions on how Â the school is run and organised, in order to improve the quality of education and ensure that Marton is a happy and safe place to learn.
Governors are responsible for:
- Â setting school improvement targets and promoting high standards;
- Â ensuring that the curriculum is broad, balanced and meet the needs of the children;
- Â deciding on how the school budget is spent;
- ensuring that the building, grounds and furnishings are kept in good order;
- interviewing and selecting staff.
Our Governing Body consists of representative from parents, staff,Â Bright Futures Educational Trust and the community. They meet several times during each term as Committees to discuss matters relating to achievement and standards, childrenâ€™s well-being, buildings, health and safety, staffing and finance. The full Governing Body meets at least once a term to ratify decisions and to discuss the Headteacherâ€™s report which covers all aspects of the schoolâ€™s activities.
Governors can be contacted by forwarding a letter to our school office or to the clerk of Governors at the following address:
Clerk of Governors
PO Box 4